Old 02-27-14, 05:42 PM
echo victor 
bicyclatte!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by noglider
It is a good excuse to do that. It is a bad excuse for saving money. I haven't seen any cheap rims or tires in that size. On the plus side, I haven't seen any lousy rims or tires in that size, either.
Good point - the issue is that if I don't spend a bit of money, how else will I know whether 650B is right for me? I don't know of any LBS around where I could even test ride a bike with 650B rims (and, yes, then order the rims from them if I liked them). I guess that's always the issue...

Originally Posted by non-fixie
Thanks. I just need the 57 and 54.5 cm from 1984 and I'll have a complete set ...
'Save your proofs of purchase, and collect all 4!' I'm curious about the measurements, actually - as I measure mine (granted, maybe I'm just not that proficient) I get about 58 cm center to center and about 59 cm center to top of top tube. So is the 60 cm size being measured from center to top of the seat tube (in which case it seems like that's the size I have)?

Amazed you managed to get them in original condition. Turns out the seller I got mine from had another already, decked out in all Campy. Not sure if that was original or not, but its paint did appear to be slightly better.

[edit]Meant to ask, has anyone who's got one (or two) of these noticed any issues with the strength of the fast-back/shot-in stays as Kurt mentioned in the linked post?[/edit]

Last edited by echo victor; 02-27-14 at 05:45 PM.