View Single Post
Old 02-28-14, 11:10 AM
Blackguyrides

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for sharing some of you experience from the past. It look's like I'm getting the maps from Adventure Cycling and was looking at two routes. Here are the specifics...

I initially thought I needed the maps that would take me from New York City to Yorktown, VA where I can catch the TransAmerican Trail. I would then need the Western Express map that would take me from Pueblo, CO to San Francisco, CA. I believe these where them... http://www.adventurecycling.org/cycl...-transam-east/. However, due to my background I think I might feel a bit more comfortable skipping the deep south and going further north such as this route...

Atlantic Coast, Northern Tier, Green Mountains Loop Great Rivers South, TransAmerican Trail, Great Parks South and finally the Western Express. I would want these as connecting maps and can spot the directly if needed. But I wanted your opinions on these routes of the country being the safest to travel in terms of crime and safety.

This northern route will probably take a while though. My initial route is fine I wonder if I'll be passing through the deep south in some areas. My philosophy in terms of thinking is universal and post modern if you will. So I considered taking a northern route but would like feedback on this. Hope this isn't to vague or awkward.