Old 03-02-14, 12:33 PM
Fat Boy
Wheelsuck

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GeorgeBMac
The thread, and my post are about the Paleo/LCHF diets -- let's leave it at that.

But your response assumes that: If I criticize paleo/LCHF diets, then I must be advocating some other diet. I am not. I think ALL extreme diets need to be approached very carefully with an open mind -- and with the realization that it probably contains some good and some not so good.
I just don't think you're being intellectually honest. If you're posting videos from 'Plant Positive', you are indeed advocating a plant based diet. That's not necessarily a bad thing, and it can even be included under the 'Paleo' or 'LCHF' banner if one chose to do so.

The funny part is, I don't eat 'Paleo' or 'LCHF'. Even on a low-carb day I probably run about 125g of carbs (easily twice that on others), which is well above any sort of ketogenic diet. I also eat rice, some dairy, corn, etc., so that disqualifies me from 'Paleo'.

Having said that, I have a hard time throwing stones at someone who wants to eat a diet of wild caught fish, naturally raised livestock, nuts, seeds, fresh fruit and colorful vegetables. The big sticking point seems to be 'healthy whole grains'. Plain and simple, this is not a necessary component of life. If you like to eat it, knock yourself out. If someone decides they don't want to eat it (for whatever reason) how about live and let live?