View Single Post
Old 03-04-14, 03:19 AM
krtchp19

Bikes: 09 Salsa Podio, Bridgestone Picnica, 69 and 80 Raleigh Tourist, 65 and 67 Raleigh RSW, 71 Schwinn Racer, 71 Schwinn Supersport, 69 Raleigh Sprite, 70's Motobecane Mirage, 64 Hercules Tourist, 73 Raleigh Sports, 73 Raleigh Mountie, 73 Raleigh GS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sixty Fiver
Thought you would all appreciate this...

We had a very nice fellow come into the co-op yesterday and he was there to donate the contents of his old bike shop which he closed down more than 20 years ago and ran for decades before that... he said he was 86 and was winding things down and clearing up some stuff.

There was lots of interesting 80's stuff like anodized BMX parts, saddles, and things like cloth tape and other goodies but he had tons of old CCM parts and spokes still in their factory wrappers and boxes and said this was just the tip of the iceberg.

We talked for a good long while and he looked over some of the old CCM's we have been working on and he said, "I don't suppose anyone works on Sturmey Archer hubs anymore"... and our conversation went on and on after that as we both have a deep appreciation for these things. We agreed that the forged CCm one piece cranks are nigh indestructible and he has a bunch of those too.

Will be connecting again to look over other things he has that he could not move himself like parts cabinets and counters... and he said he has all kinds of SA stuff and parts that he did not think anyone would want.

My friend has his own CCM museum and might like a CCM parts cabinet and more documentation.
that's awesome, i wish I could find a Sturmy Archer FM or FW and a 4 speed thumb shifter. I don't know any LBS in chicago that work on SA anything