Old 03-05-14, 10:19 PM
LONO100

Bikes: Scott Scale 950, bianchi via nirone, bianchi fremont, GT avalanche 1.0, kona Muni-mula, nishiki century singlespeed, bianchi strada singlespeed conversion, bianchi eros robinson BMX, haro mirra, custom low rider bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
here are more pics. the deraileur does seem too high, i usually try to keep it around 3mm clearance. the thing that's weird is that if you look to the inside of the cage, it doesnt seem as if the deraileur should be lowered any more than its current position because the chain would now sit too close to the top of the cage when the chain is in the biggest ring. i tried to take a picture of this but dont know if it translates well to what im describing. as for the last post, i disagree, i have successfully tuned many shimano SIS, sora and tiagra deraileurs and got them to work very smoothly, just as i have with my XT and ultegras on my other bikes.

here is the pic of the inside of the cage.

i didnt realize how far the bottom of the cage was from the teeth, when i looked at it initially, it looked as if the cage could not push the chain effectively if i lowered the deraileur any more than where it currently sat. i am going to lower the reraileur, re-tune and see what happens. thansk again for all the responses. i hope someone with similar issues finds this thread b/c there is a ton of good info on it.