Thread: Vitus Carbone 9
View Single Post
Old 03-06-14, 02:32 AM
gaucho777 

Bikes: '72 Cilo Pacer, '72 Gitane Gran Tourisme, '72 Peugeot PX10, '73 Speedwell Ti, '74 Nishiki Competition, '74 Peugeot UE-8, '75 Peugeot PR-10L, '85 De Rosa Pro, '86 Look Equipe 753, '86 Look KG86, '89 Parkpre Team, '90 Parkpre Team MTB, '90 Merlin

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 572 Post(s)
Liked 409 Times in 180 Posts
Another fantastic bike. Thanks for sharing.

I had a similar reaction to Chombi regarding the Franco/Italian combo. But for me it's not the French/Italian combo that was unexpected, as much as the fact you seldom see a C-record equipped Vitus carbonne. They were almost always Mavic or Dura-Ace, or some other esoteric build. Obviously Vitus had a close connection to Mavic (linked through the Bic and KAS teams of Kelly fame of course). The Vitus carbonne frames, culminating in the carbonne-9, were at the forefront of weight weenie-ism, something never really associated with the C-record group.

I don't recall the weaving patters in the carbon to be so pronounced. Is the camera picking up more than what you see with the naked eye? I like it.

Between the snippets of display cases, odd MTB forks, booze options, the Ciocc, and now this Vitus, I keep getting the feeling that just beyond the frame of the photos is an incredible bike den.