View Single Post
Old 03-06-14, 06:05 AM
devinfan

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 27 Posts
Not trying to give you a hard time! Now that you mention them I can see the silhouettes. If you want to respray it I'm sure it will be beautiful - also that way you can fabricate proper decals as well as choosing your own colour. I'm not really a fan of shop-name decals myself. It'll be a perfect candidate for what you're looking to do, especially considering it appears to have no dings or rust whatsoever. As a fan of all French bikes I'm looking forward to seeing this come together. Enjoy the process!

Originally Posted by JJScaliger
Thanks! Yeah, I knew someone was going to say that!

I didn't want to accentuate its cosmetic problems so I didn't really take any pictures of them. It has silhouettes from where the shop name, Bocquet, stickers where applied on both sides of the down tube and on the seat tube. In addition, it has some general nicks and chips(none of which are a big deal) and the paint has also aged to an almost green in areas where it was exposed to the sun. It has one area where the paint is bubbled a bit too. If it didn't have the silhouettes I would probably just live with it.

If this was just going to be a rider I could certainly live with it, but I have plenty of those. I've never had one of my bikes resprayed and I thought this bike would be a good candidate since I'm not crazy about the original color anyway. This is more of a restoration project for me; something I want to take my time with and make sure I get everything just right. I do plan to ride it, it wouldn't just be a wall hanger.