Wanderer
aka Phil Jungels

Bikes: 08 Specialized Crosstrail Sport, 05 Sirrus Comp

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 60 Posts
Pay Attention to Your Body As You Age.

First, I'm thankful to Him, for watching over me. I think He took notice, of all of the prayers offered up to Him, on my behalf.

Then, come the doctors and their staffs. First, to my Cardiologist, Dr Chua, for listening to me, rather than all of the tests which were coming back negative. He took me as a new patient, literally within minutes, from my Internists telephone call. And for arranging an emergency heart catherization the very next morning(angiogram), even though all of he tests were sayin there was no problem.

Then, to Dr Sayeed, the Interventional Cardiologist, for putting an amazing 4 stents in the left side of my heart, and restoring 100% flow. 4 stents is very unusual, per the docs themselves. A 40 minute procedure turned into over 2 hours.

The Doctors say that there is no damage to my heart, which is amazing by itself. They say that I should have had massive heart attacks from any of those three severe blockages, and maybe from the one that was 75% blocked . The ICU nurses don't believe how well I'm doing.

I was told the next day, that the Doctors fully expected me to be on the operating table that night, for, at least, a four way by-pass. Even after the 4 stents.

I walked yesterday, without any pain or discomfort, so they let me go home. One day in intensive care, and I'm home.

And, I really do feel fine! (even though my groin is kinda sore, and much uglier than normal - looks like he operated on me with baseball bat!)

I had to promise that I wouldn't do anything stupid today! Of course, I'm the only one home today, so I get to decide what's stupid.

Now, the pharmaceutical companies will make a mint off of me.

I like to think that bicycling has made my heart very strong, which contributed to my good luck. The Cardiologist says I am very strong for an old guy.

Pay attention to changes in your body, any unusual aches or pains, shortness of breath, or any strange symptoms. Even ED can be a symptom of cardiovascular disease. LOL.

My case was recent chest pressure, and unexplained severe shortness of breath. A month ago, I was able to shovel snow for 7-8 hours nonstop. Last Sunday, I couldn't go 7 minutes without wanting to take a nap on the driveway!

Make sure you bring problems to your doctor's attention, and even seek out a Cardiologist for old age use........ find a young one!

Now, to find out when I get to get back on the bike...........................