Old 03-08-14, 06:02 PM
badger1

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1566 Post(s)
Liked 1,158 Times in 591 Posts
Originally Posted by khutch
I certainly agree that the common characterization of roadies is unfair to them but since it is so common and since it is based on the all too real conduct of a few I don't agree that the proper response to it is to call it utter nonsense and to feign misunderstanding of the term road bikers. It deserved a more reasoned response, which I gave. If that is now your stance too then I am not conceding anything since I have not previously stated a different position, I am just agreeing with you. Everyone who rides a bike is my brother or sister. We may have family squabbles, we may enjoy teasing each other about this or that, but we should always remember that we are family. My hybrid is nimble and faster than me on the road and it handles the common railway roadbed trails around here better than a full on road bike would. It is well suited to what I like to do. Road bikers ride the bikes that are optimized for what they love to do and so do I. It doesn't matter to me that they ride different bikes than I and it does matter to most of them either. If they tease me, I tease them back. It's what brothers and sisters do.
As I said, you conceded my substantive point. Whether or not you approve of the rhetorical strategy I employed to make that point is a matter of complete indifference to me.