Old 03-08-14, 08:57 PM
JoelS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
NorCal East, Group Ride, Saturday the 22nd

Ok folks. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. It's looking good for me on the 22nd, so that'll be the date. The route is amazing, and very green right now. There are a few stretches of busy roads, and only 1 short section with no bike lane (unfortunately, it's up a short hill). 2 full bottles will absolutely be required. There is one long stretch with no where to refill, but 2 bottles should be plenty. Helmet needed, along with stuff to fix a flat, etc. The route is about 81mi from my place in Rancho Cordova.

Post ride is burgers at my place. I'll supply the burgers, buns, and condiments. Bring beer and appetizer or dessert stuff. Some of my local friends will likely be along as well.

Roll time is 8:30 SHARP.
Route from nearby (1.5mi from my place): http://ridewithgps.com/routes/4181063
There are a few stops on the way. There's water/coffee/pastry at Pete's coffee right before Latrobe. Lunch at Subway in Shingle Springs. Coffee/pastry at Folsom Bike/Grind on the bike trail on the return.

Who's in? If you're in, I'll PM you my phone number and address. Be a few minutes early, there's room in my fridge and you're more than welcome to come in and have a cup of coffee or change or whatever you need before we roll.

Note: There's a fair bit of climbing on this ride (about 6000 ft), with grades up to about 17%. Be prepared.

Hope to see you!

Coming:
A whole bunch of my local group
gw_12
nokia8860

Some sort of pithy irrelevant one-liner should go here.

Last edited by JoelS; 03-11-14 at 07:27 PM.