View Single Post
Old 03-11-14, 03:01 PM
LuckySailor

Bikes: Trek 520 total custom build, Cannondale Mountain Tandem, Oryx Mountain Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MAK
I'm a happy guy. I just joined the 520 club. A member sold this at a great price and even threw in an Ortlieb handlebar bag and set of Ortlieb Bike Packer panniers. It's at the LBS getting a lookover and tune-up although it appears to be in very good shape. Based on the badge, it's likely a 2003, 2004 or 2005. I'm adding a Brooks saddle and I have Racktime front and rear racks which I'll put on.

I want to replace the tires. I'll be using the bike for recreational riding, commuting and some inn to inn touring. Next year I look forward to some self contained weekend to week long rides. I have a few other bikes so it will be in the recreational and commuting rotation. I love my Contis on my road bike so I'm looking at Conti Top Contacts. Any other suggestions?

Thank you.

I prefer Schwalbe Marathon Tour Plus. I have them on 2 singles and one tandem. Never a flat. Comfortable quiet ride too. That seats awefully high isn't it?