Old 03-12-14, 07:45 AM
topflightpro

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1851 Post(s)
Liked 678 Times in 429 Posts
Originally Posted by Team Sarcasm
the bike costs 7000 the frameset is 2000. at 2000 for an alimunim frame
Not sure where you are getting that $2000. Specialized site lists msrp for the frameset at $880. Specialized Bicycle Components

And OP, you question is generally flawed. At this point, there really isn't a "high-end" aluminum option. Most manufacturers now offer an aluminum frameset due to the lower price point they can hit with aluminum versus carbon.

The Caad 10 has developed a reputation and a bit of a cult following because it is an excellent combination of price, comfort, and stiffness. You can find aluminum frames cheaper, you can find aluminum frames that are more comfortable and you can find aluminum frames that are stiffer. The Caad 10 is just a good combination of all three.

Specialized has tried to match the Caad 10 with its latest Allez. I have not ridden it, but based on my past experience (Caad 9 and Spec. S-Works E5 alu.) I am inclined to believe that it has created a pretty solid frameset. I liked my S-Works alu. better than the Caad 9.

BMC, which is what you are considering, simply is not known for its aluminum frames.