View Single Post
Old 03-13-14, 11:08 AM
UnfilteredDregs

Bikes: Salsa Ti Warbird- 2014/ November RAIL52s

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
According to my bone size my ideal weight is 190... I'll always be a Clyde in mind. I love the advantage on descents... I have a few spots where I can hit 40, and I've cracked 50 twice...at those speeds I find myself listening quite intently to the buzz of the rubber against the road...

Boom & Zoom!

What I have noticed ever since I went clipless a few months back is I am pulling the pedals over the top of the stroke when climbing, especially when I get out of the saddle. I've taken the dragging the foot visualization to round out the stroke to heart, unweighting the upside leg took a bit of mental tricks but as soon as I thought of it "diagonally," meaning treating it as a counter to the kick opposite the down-stroke, it has begun to fall into place.

It's a pretty cool feeling "dragging," the bike like that. I'm still working on the cardio though. I can't wait for it to flatten out when spinning up ascents. I think the art lies in not spinning as fast as you can as much as it really comes down to finding an rpm you can sustain which entails backing off a bit.