Old 03-13-14, 05:59 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Quinn8it
While not practical and I'm not really even suggesting it is how it Should Be...

there is something interesting about an NJS type Standard- it brings it back to Man Versus Man.. Things would be simpler that way.. And I wouldn't have to figure out my aero position..
At the highest levels of sport, the training regimens are more similar than different.

Here's the interesting thing about the man vs man concept, when "all things are equal" as far as equipment AND training go, it comes down to things outside of your control...genetics. To me, that would make things less interesting.

The history of sport as so many examples of men and women who were plucked from a daily humdrum life and, with some (relatively) minimal training, became champions. We've all read the stories. Joanna Rowsell and Phillip Hinds come to mind.

If anything, it is my humble opinion that equipment is more of an equalizer than anything. Engineering + Genetics beats Genetics alone

I think Technology/Engineering is another variable that keeps sport interesting. For example, in motorsport there is SOOOO much chatter about, "What tires will he run today?.." "Did he gamble on the right compound?"

Last edited by carleton; 03-13-14 at 06:02 PM.