Old 03-15-14, 09:58 AM
PatrickGSR94

Bikes: 2011 Felt Z85 (road/commuter), 2006 Marin Pine Mountain (utility/commuter E-bike), 1995 KHS Alite 1000 (gravel grinder)

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 676 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Ideas for carrying cargo using a kid trailer?

I thought I was ready to convert my son's trailer into a cargo trailer. But I recently figured out how to fix the broken sling seat strap, and there are some family bike rides coming up that I'd like to use it for. So no conversion will be happening in the near future.

However due to the nature of the fabric inside the trailer, it's not really suitable for carrying cargo. I tried picking up lunch one time and the drinks spilled all over the place because the wouldn't stay upright.

So I was looking at the trailer all folded down flat, with the wheels still on it, and thought maybe there would be a way to add a rigid surface and storage box on top of the assembly while folded flat, and then be removed when my son is going to use it.

I could easily use a piece of plywood and attach a Rubbermaid storage box or something similar to it. But attaching that to the trailer itself while folded flat, and have it be removable (fairly easily) is going to be the trick.

Anyone thought about doing anything like this?