Old 03-16-14, 09:41 AM
gif4445

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Specialized Diverge, Volagi Liscio, LHT, Trek 1.2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 33 Posts
Originally Posted by BillyD
Bingo, there you have it - different strokes for different folks! Some people choose to accept the risk, others don't.

Until a rigorous scientific study comes out to detail that under xyz conditions riding at night is more or less dangerous than riding in daylight, then it's all speculation and personal opinion.
Scrolled pretty fast through the back and forths on this thread until I found what I was looking for. Risk acceptance. How comfortable are you with the risks you are taking? We all take a risk when we get up in the morning and get out of bed. Biking at night includes more risk for me. At times I accept that risk. Cycling on gravel with my 23 tires is more risky, at times I take that risk. Putting earbuds in and listening to some tunes carries with it more risk, but most of the time I take that extra risk. And of course, cycling over driving a car, carries more risk on the average. But all of us here take that risk because the reward is greater. My condolences to the families of the two cyclists.