Old 03-18-14, 10:04 AM
Quinn8it

Bikes: Bianchi Pista, Bianchi Vigorelli

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Zero Talent
I would not get the scatto's they will wreck your fit! They are also not necessary and are a common cleshay among people trying to buy speed. Especially for an enduro doing longer events it will close up your chest to much. Even for a sprinter hyper narrow bars are not necessary take Francois Pervis who is currently the fastest in the world. For a sprinter his shoulders are quite narrow yet he is not riding hyper narrow bars.
THIS!

I've used everything from standard 40cm down to 33cm bars- including 35cm Scattos, 36cm Nitto 123 and 125, and Alpina 33cm bars.. the aero advantage of the narrow bars is negligible- especially at non-Elite speeds. As said above- you can see tons of people at the track rolling around on bikes that used to fit them before they switched to Scattos… but looking cool is fast right?

anyway- as usual, fit is king, and i happen to have narrow shoulders- deceptively so for a guy built like a fire plug. and the narrower bars allow a better pull alignment for sprints and starts..