View Single Post
Old 03-19-14, 11:53 AM
kickstart

Bikes: 2005 Gazelle Golfo, 1935 Raleigh Sport, 1970 Robin Hood sport, 1974 Schwinn Continental, 1984 Ross MTB/porteur, 2013 Flying Piegon path racer, 2014 Gazelle Toer Populair T8

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by genec
I won't disagree with seeing poor driving... I too see it all the time... probably a result of being lazy and self important rather than as an issue of not knowing better... as I mentioned, it is amazing to see how folks "straighten up" in the presence of a police cruiser. Thus the average driver knows better, but simply chooses to be a "slob" behind the wheel, with the result of poor driving.

The cycling thing I have seen as those self important people aggressively treat cyclists while dismissing that the cyclist is a valid road user and in front of them... and yes I am probably biased against drivers that drive large vehicles aggressively in the presence of cyclists. But I have noticed that while those drivers force their way around cyclists, they may fall in line with other traffic.... no doubt as their large vehicles cannot intimidate other motorists in the same manner as it can intimidate a lone cyclist.
I definitely agree with that, a large percentage of the truly aggressive drivers I see are in SUV's.Picking on cyclist's would fall into their pattern of bullying, but that's more indicative of their personality than a true bias against cyclists.