Old 03-19-14, 10:09 PM
Theresse

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks Fietsbob! I looked up the Fizik Vitesse and didn't see anything that screamed "come sit on me" to me - haha - but I also understand that the big fat cushy seats are misleading to people too and can apparently damage soft tissue (?). Whatever I end up with - if I switch at all - it seems the biggest issue is simply that I haven't been on a bike in so long (with exception of a yesterday) and I need time to toughen up and get used to it!

All last night and today I have this annoying feeling that I can't stretch enough. It's a raw ache (I probably pushed it a bit, for me...I have high endurance which due to my ever-aging-age might trick me into thinking I can push it, you know?) - in my quads - including down close to the knee - but also in the part of the body I never remember the name of. It's where the top of your inner thigh meets your torso. Upper groin or abductor muscle? It's where the bikini line is. It's the feeling like I want to do the splits to stretch it out!

I'm going to look more into those figure 8 bars. Between those and the other kinds out there, I want to find - if possible - the kind that not only offer a shorter and further reach depending on where you grab, but more of an upright option if there is one. I also like the idea of being able to lie down sort of, completely taking the pressure off one's hands for a bit. I"ll have to find a store that sells all these so I can check them out in person.

Originally Posted by fietsbob
Im a guy and like using the Fizik Vitesse they categorize as a woman's saddle

My tush has different fit needs at 65 than when I was 30 ..

+1 on the near level or skosh up saddle , the butt stays put and wont slide a round, like happens with nose down.

Shop here will do exchanges up to a point on saddles

the $100+ leather ones are a bit of a Financial commitment.. mine are from that 30 years ago ..

I now use Figure 8 bend trekking bars in place of straight bars ,
as the more hand placement option solution , all the parts off the other bars get reused
there are ~$20 sources of those bars thru the local shop or web sellers .