KonAaron Snake 
Fat Guy on a Little Bike

Bikes: Two wheeled ones

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1254 Post(s)
Liked 345 Times in 174 Posts
Originally Posted by repechage
Yes, that is the crux of my comment, therefore this thread is an advertisement. Not a request for info from the C&V hive mind.
I read it differently - it's an advertisement and a request for free expertise for a commercial endeavor. Obviously we're just overly negative

I also think the OPs stated intent is not going to work, regardless of how little he paid. These aren't eBay bikes - leaving him 60 days to sell 800 bikes and parts through CL and a non-bike store store front. It would flood a local market and it's time and labor intensive. I'd be selling to other flippers, taking the tax refund donating, and recycling a hefty %, because I'm not seeing a whole lot of money after labor costs on preparation. It takes time to sell this stuff, it's not a huge market and 60 days? Good luck. That's not negative, that's advice.

Also - who is doing the labor? It doesn't sound like bike guys. I sense high returns and liability. I can say that I wouldn't be offering free time to do this - I'd charge. This is a for profit enterprise - there's no need, or reason, to offer free labor/knowledge. I'm in no way criticizing the OP here, I like commercial enterprise too, but this isn't a collection, or going to habitat for humanity. If the OP is seeking profit on 800 bikes and parts, I see no reason not to charge for specialized knowledge.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (49.5 KB, 53 views)