View Single Post
Old 03-21-14, 08:11 PM
Casseroler

Bikes: Salsa Casserole; Masi Evoluzione; Intense 5.5 EVP; Surly Moonlander; Sekai 2700

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RaleighSport
I can see the 7 in the pic, Y79, 1979 nice score. I find it interesting though I have a 77 and it has barcons rather than DT shifters. I wonder if it was considered an upgrade? Which is odd given from what I've seen barcons are preferred to DT's for touring purposes, which is supposedly the models niche.
Brilliant,thanks! I very much appreciate your efforts in this thread, too. I've learned a lot about this great marque by reading your stuff. I'm pleased to finally own a nice example.

My daily commuter (Salsa Casserole) has DT, so I'm quite used to them, although those are indexed and my new Sekai is obviously not. I'll enjoy getting used to them and interested to see which I prefer eventually.

I'm curious now too if the barcons were upgrades. The rear deraileur is suntour cyclone, which I gather was standard equipment for a 2700 GT. Maybe the DT came stock, too?

anyway, thanks for your insight on reading the serial no. and your work on this thread. Cheers!