Old 10-07-05, 12:23 PM
pakole

Bikes: 1980s 15 speed road bike, and 21 speed, Iron Horse Outlaw mountain bike and 24 speed Felt F90 road bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ricardo kuhn
well.... what do you want to do with will be the first question...!?!?
personally i try to only ride my motorcycle when i can not do the same task on my bicycle, actually the Bicycle suffer the same judment, because many times I go on my Skateboard or my skates..
I feel the same way about a motorcycle. I want it to be my last resort in getting somewhere either quicker or farer than I could reasonable get on my bike, among other things.

anyway assuming that you will ride your bicycle everytime you can, i will say you need a Motorcycle capable of going far,, the next question is do (will you) you commute or travel on the freeway..?
back roads...? dirt roads,,,carring heavy loads..? passnagers..? dogs..? winter /summer only..?
I am interested in going on freeway since this bike will be for farer commutes. I am also interested in carrying moderate loads (my uniform, and a bible) I want a passanger capable bike, so when I am ready I can take my finance along. I also want it availalbe for all year round. Even through, I will be cycling in the winter, my effective range will decrease, and I need something to cover that.

whatever that will impact the type of bike you want to get.
for example if you ride on the freeway Only,, is not a big deal if the bike is big and heavy, since in a way the more mass you have makes the vehicle more stable and less prone to be move by the wind, rain or the elements even pieces of tread tyres and other obstables, generally heavy bikes aslo have stronger engines that will let you pass with ease, also keep in my Motorcycles are "AVoidance" vehicles,, in short you go around things,for that you need Power and agility (mostlly useful on high speed freeways) not like on a car that you use the brakes to stop before a collision, with that in mind a ligher bike always have less momentum to deal with and they are a little easier to manuver ,,do i make sense....!?!?
Your comments make sense. I just want to make sure I am looking in the right direction when I get my first motorcycle. Since I am used to riding my bike, I am used to avoiding everything, and looking out for potholes and other obstcales including people. I have had very limited time in a car, so I have very little experiential knowledge in term of mauever around the road, but I am sure there are more things to consider on a motorcycle than a bike.

I know is a little complicated and even wrost with my half A^^Ingles.
i will say stay try to stay away from Cruisers(unless you are really Really short) (from harleys, to choppers to Japanaese cruisers) for a varaity of reasons, first their engines are ussually obsolete so they are very ineficient in terms of gazoline and power output plus the overall technology is kind of Old since is whatever is left out they can not install into any high performance engine or chassis, also do to the rake out possition of the forks (same as a bike with a very slack head angle) they are prone to be dificult to steer (I love agil bikes my self) so they "Kind" of handle on straight line but they are kind of clumssy in any twisty and challenging road, plus since you can not stand on the footpegs (feet controls are very far forward) you take all the impacts seating and sometimes that can hurt specially with the limited suspension on the cruisers,, as much as this crome bikes are about the looks, the race replicas suffer from similar sintoms but the other way,,they are super agil and mega powerful but at the end of the day unconfortable and somehow dangerous since the power delivery is very abrupt plus the wheel base on the bike is made short for better turning and weight transfer but also if you are not paying full attencion can ge you in trouble in no time..
I am glad you say that because I was totally not intereseted in a cruiser, and I want a bike that puts me in a forward postion (, so pretty much sport and "supersport") I am spoiled with my road bike, and I want a position like that.

lets stop here,,on the topic to not make it more conffusing.
OK, but I appercate anyhting that you have to add.

also Body size is a concern, is kind of Funny when Bicycles are design around the "Human Power Engine" usually motorcycles are design around the Internal combustion engine and some of this can be big and heavy making certain riders a little uncorfortable and some models become almost Impossible or at least very dangerous to ride if you are to small or to Big.

but don't worry still a bunch of bike that work extremlly well, don't cost that much to buy or mantain and still that can bring you a smile everytime you ride them

let stop here,,if you have more specific question I think i can alswer them one by one..
OK, I am 6 2, and I weigh 215 pounds. My bikes are over 60 cm or 24 inches, so I have no problem with big bikes, since it will probably be the only way that I am comfortable. The following are motorcycles that I like from the look of it.

Honda CBR600F4i, and CBR600RR (I like the other more powerful designs, but this was the least powerful design that I am comfortable riding.)
Kawasaki ZZR 600 ( i could see myself on the other more powerful design, but I like Honda's and Susuki's better.)
Susuki GS500F ( I really like the other more powerful designs, but this is the only bike under 500cc)

Anyway, I do not know if these are good or not, and I have about 7 months before I even buy one anyway. You do not have to convince me to get used, because I will. I apperciate any additional comments you have. Thanks.

Last edited by pakole; 10-07-05 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Some mistakes in my statement