Old 03-25-14, 08:19 AM
merlinextraligh
pan y agua

Bikes: Willier Zero 7; Merlin Extralight; Calfee Dragonfly tandem, Calfee Adventure tandem; Cervelo P2; Motebecane Ti Fly 29er; Motebecanne Phantom Cross; Schwinn Paramount Track bike

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1447 Post(s)
Liked 727 Times in 372 Posts
Originally Posted by Looigi
I understand your preference for full aerobars and you're already there, but FWIW it looks to me a -17 degree stem could yield the same or even lower elbow pad height with clip-ons on regular drop bars.
This is the third iteration. Regular clip ons sit too high above the road bars.

Second iteration was Oval Concept under bars, which mount to the faceplate of the stem, have the pads even with the road bars, and the extensions under. That worked well, except for the construction was flimsy, they broke, and Oval quit making them.

Current setup is as low as it will go with the current -8 degree stem. And right now its about the right palce for me in trading off power versus aero, although I think I could be a cm or so lower, and flatten the extensions.

I've got an adjustable stem that I'll put on as I spend more time in the TT setup, and dial in the position. That will allow dialing it in finer, and acouple of more inches downward range.
OR YOU COULD STAY HOME AND FALL OFF THE COUCH AND DIE.