View Single Post
Old 03-27-14, 06:48 PM
Duane Behrens

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac (carbon), Specialized Roubaix (carbon, wifey), Raleigh Super Course (my favorite), and 2 Centurion project bikes.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by HillRider
I don't recall your exact thread but the "derogatory" (actually informative) comments may have been made assuming you had no idea what the cost or problems would be in "upgrading" the bike you were discussing. We get a lot of questions about updating older bikes the OP has no idea what he/she is getting into and those warning comments are intended to head off a disappointing money pit for the uninformed. They aren't "haters" and characterizing them as that is unfair and unreasonable.

If you are aware of the pitfalls and potential expense and want to go ahead anyway, have at it. Just don't say you weren't warned. Also, if you are aware, it would be nice to say so right up front so the "haters" won't have to let you know what's coming.

Please refer to my signature line. As it turned out, my restored Nishiki Sport is my favorite, best looking and most comfortable daily ride. I'm 5' 10" and I can't stay off it. The bike is a 50 cm frame (with a friggin' 56 cm top tube).

Go figure. Better yet, go take a ride.