View Single Post
Old 03-27-14, 07:33 PM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
Originally Posted by sbxx1985
Can't you get the part number from BMC, order it from the shop that ordered the last one, send the old one back to the shop, and get your new post, pain in the ass aside? The shop should accommodate you, and two weeks seems plenty of time.
Sure we can. And we might have to. It did take just over two weeks last time, however. This time we are trying to get LBS to talk BMC into shipping directly to us. But if there is any way to do it ourselves, that would be preferable, if just to have some assurance the right thing is being ordered.

Shop also really doesn't care that much. I tried to order some bars from them, they dragged their feet on even getting me price, timeframe for delivery, etc. When I called them on it, the answer from the shop owner was "look, it's just a $100 order...". As in not a priority for us. And with the seatpost, it actually was not just a hundred dollar order. Whatever, I got the bars elsewhere within 48hr but I'm stuck with LBS in regards to the seatpost, I guess.

BTW, we tried to actually buy the bike from this shop, but they never returned our calls.

H