needmoreair
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Racer Ex
Analytical Cycling.

The 444w corresponds to 35 mph for me pretty closely in a clean environment. I can't hold 565 for long enough to get stability so can't comment on the real world, but experience is that they have big brains that are usually pretty close. If you can hold 565w long enough to get a stable speed...ah, never mind.

I used the input numbers for me that I have found to be accurate, but I am a slippery mofo if three different wind tunnels and the testing facility at HDC is any indicator. Ask around here and you'll stop arguing numbers with me.

Neither of us have a broad sampling of race conditions and circumstances to tell someone who comes here looking to race the median sprint speed and racing IQ for his local race conditions, correct?

And who effing cares? I am of the opinion that the median race sprint OTF tactical attack with a lemon twist blather has about as much relevance to whether or not someone should race as the size of my member, in the state of your choosing.

As a wise person once said:

"Race specific power"

And to quote YMCA:

"Learn how to race your bike"

The question isn't how fast a lead out should be. The question is how to do a righteous lead out.

If some one comes here and doesn't race because they read something that made them feel inadequate, they wouldn't make it past their first race anyway.

Our OP has ben hijacked a bit.

My suggestion is to change teams and race for me next year

I will be over with the old farts if someone needs me.

550 doesn't even get me in the ball park of 40. 450 doesn't get me close to 35 either. 450 would put me in the low high 20s, low 30s. I may not be the most aerodynamic person, but I just flat out refuse to believe that anyone is going out on a road bike putting down 500-600 watts and rolling around at 40 mph. Probably because you just never, ever see it.

I hit 40 today on a downhill at over 900 watts. That was for about 3 seconds. It was very, very fast.