View Single Post
Old 03-31-14, 07:37 AM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4233 Post(s)
Liked 2,948 Times in 1,807 Posts
Yeah, don't do it. I regret not doing the DALMAC when I lived in East Lansing (and costs were one of the reasons I didn't), but, had I done it, I would have paid for it. If you want to ride with them and stealth camp in a nearby cemetary or whatever when they camp, I suppose no one can stop you, but most people won't look that highly on it even if they don't say anything.

Originally Posted by zeppinger
If you see me out there say whats up and ill buy the first beers at camp!
I thought you just said you wouldn't be using their camps.

The school grounds may be paid for with tax dollars, but that doesn't mean you can camp on them any time you want. Don't believe me? Pitch a tent on the ELHS football field and see how long it takes before the cops come and kick you out. Just because the public's taxes have paid for land doesn't mean you (whether or not you have paid those taxes) can use that property however you might like. Getting to use that land often requires special permissions, permits, and usually donations of some sort. Otherwise, they can get you with a trespassing charge. Why else do you think it's called stealth camping rather than just "camping"?

Last edited by himespau; 03-31-14 at 07:43 AM.