Old 10-08-05, 03:03 PM
chrisesposito

Bikes: Cervelo Soloist / Cervelo P3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stevezipp
Just got a real nice 2001 on Ebay I am thrilled with it. It came with all kinds of high end items I didn't even know what they were untill after I got the bike. I had a softride and this bike makes me about 3.5 miles per hour faster but also an easier ride. It's hard to explain but It seems like I go faster and work less. I just love it. I would really like to know how this bike being older compares to newer frames. I talked to the guy who bought the remaining inventory of frames from Zipp he said the 3001 has some strip of material in the 3001 that may make it a little stiffer but the frame is practically identical, not really worth the extra cost. Here is a pic hope others post and former owners post with newer bike comparisons. I figure since zipp makes the best wheels this would still be a great bike to have. This bike came for a Time Trial guy that raced in the Veleodome and it is sprint ready which is what I do. I had no idea the hed bars were so expensive or the seat was also nice. Every component, easton forks, is like really high end I guess. To be honest I wanted this bike because it is without a F'ing doubt the best looking bike ever made. I thought It would make me want to ride more and train harder and I was right. It is a great motivator. Sometimes I just go in my workout room and stare at it. look forward to other zipp enthusiasts. - Steve