Sixty Fiver
Bicycle Repair Man !!!

Bikes: See my sig...

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 96 Posts
Originally Posted by Fat Boy
I go for about 2300/day plus something to compensate for workouts/activity. When I was trying to shed weight, I would target around 1800/day and I'd go to bed hungry every night.

Recently, I've actually been trying to put on a little weight/muscle. I've definitely put muscle on, but the weight itself isn't really coming up, which must mean that I'm leaning out a bit. To really do the job properly, I'd probably need to eat closer to 3000 calories, but I'm happy taking the weight gain slow and lean.
Base level calories for the average male are 2000-2500

From the Canada food guide; minimum calories for men and women.

Estimated Energy Requirements - Canada's Food Guide - Health Canada

When I was working an intensive 8-10 hours a day and riding for at least 2 hours at moderate to high intensity I was eating 5000 calories a day and was slowly gaining muscle.

As I am able to pick up my activity level and ride more I figure I will need at least 3000 calories a day to maintain weight.... I don't like going to bed hungry.

According to these numbers 2000-2500 calories a day is the base amount for adult males who are sedentary, 1550-1900 for women who are sedentary.

Active people need 2500-3300 (M) and 2000-2400 (F) calories a day and the definition of active here is much less than many of the people here.