Old 04-03-14, 05:45 PM
surreal

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Artkansas
I still don't see the change. You've always been able to type in some text, select it and then click on the link icon and paste in the URL you previously copied from another tab.
That's the change. Now, you can just put in the url without highlighting your own description, and instead of it coming up as the actually URL, it automatically replaces the URL with the linked page's title....

Meaning, before, if you put in a link without your own description, it'd be just the URL, like this: h.t.tp://sheldonbrown..com/gears , but in blue. Now, if you link that same URL, it shows up as Sheldon Brown's Bicycle Gear Calculator instead. I can still do it your way if I want a convenient link that flows with my sentence as I put the url under the words that reference in the sentence, as in "check out this convenient tool you can use when deciding on your next cassette..."

LEast, I think it works that way....

edit--- crap. You don't even need to clink the link button anymore. actually, that ain't cap... that's pretty cool. I added soe typos to the first "link" to break it up and demonstrate what unlabeled links to urls used to look like...

Last edited by surreal; 04-03-14 at 05:47 PM. Reason: added some periods.