LAJ
So it is

Bikes: Luzerne, 684, Boreas, Wheelhouse, Alize©®, Bayamo, Cayo

Mentioned: 245 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11321 Post(s)
Liked 4,635 Times in 2,701 Posts
Very nice shovelhd and gsteinb.

Great job, valygrl. The gal that won is strong, and I'm sure you know her story.

45+4 Louisville was my first real crit back, as I don't count that crap-show Stazio. My goal was to get my head right, and I think it worked OK. I became more comfortable, and was able to work up towards the front, then it would get a little weird, and I would get shuffled back. Either way, this one usually has some kind of wreck, and I was out to show myself it wouldn't be me. People still race like idiots. They don't count DNF's, I don't believe, so over 60 started, 56 finished, and I got a whopping 30th.

35+4 27th. Way faster. Same amount of time, an extra lap. No bunching up climbing the little hill valygrl talked about, like the earlier race. No recovery, other than the downhill bit. I finished with the pack, and actually rode to the front in this. Gassed at the end.

Air Force Academy RR. 40 miles, 3500 feet of climbing. I had no business being there, but I went anyway. Collegiate race, so a bunch of kids. Either way. 37th out of 75. It snowed on me the last half of the lap. Nothing went right. My battery went dead on the Quarq, no warning. I farted with that, and then forgot a tire lever, as hauling a tube is a good idea. Leg warmers wouldn't stay right, just stupid stuff. I'm glad I went.

I'm glad to be racing again.