Nicodemus
Feral Member

Bikes: yes, I have one.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave Stohler
Geez, just look at all the misspellings in the title lines!!!

"Waht is cycliing advocacy?"
"Whatsa in front of me is not important!"
"thieft"

Man, **** plaec has gon downhil.......
I'm with you, Dave.

Originally Posted by tippy
Be careful about nit-picking peoples "faults" on this NG. You will get absolutely no sympathy (speaking from experience). People are not illiterate, they are lazy and if their message is spelled close enough to get the message across then it's OK with them. Typically, the attitude is this, if you try to spell check posters, you are considered "stubborn, self-righteous, and unable to understand others' opinions". Consider yourself lucky enough to recognize words that are misspelled and then let it be. They ain't gonna change for you. Live and let live.

d.tipton
^^And that's why I generally don't make a big deal of it.

People think that because they're giving free advice they don't have to make an effort.
Others are just lazy, and don't want to give language the respect it deserves.
Others seem to think that because "you get the message anyway", it's not important how well it's written.
And yet others will retort to a thread about illiteracy by nitpicking the OP.
"Pedant" is far too easy a label to slap on anyone who complains about lazy, sometimes atrocious grammar and spelling.

I have now gotten to the state where sometimes I see the correct version of something, and I have to re-read because I'm so used to it being wrong that I have to think about it. That's just wrong!

Mind you, Dave, have you ever checked out some of the gaming forums? Now *that's* scary

Last edited by Nicodemus; 10-09-05 at 04:57 AM.