Old 04-09-14, 09:28 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4347 Post(s)
Liked 3,984 Times in 2,661 Posts
Here's a few of my thoughts:

1. going touring is great.
2. having a job and money while horribly evil is also a useful thing in the society that has been created. I am not saying "get a job" because I have had that thrown at me too often and it is stupid and wholly wrong, however a job provides more than just money in some cases.
3. Don't take if you don't need to take. Food Not Bombs is a cool concept and useful but be careful not to strain their resources.
4. EBT is fine and dandy and I would rather my tax money go towards that than blowing brown people up and destroying the planet to satisfy corporate jackasses. Sure it is better if you truly need it but with the major corruption that goes on in the government by the government, people "scamming" EBT is a non-issue.
5. Live life to the fullest when you can but always do good and be good.

i probably have a ton more wisdom that I could impart but after a night of camping debuachary and working today, yo neccesito dormir. If you want work, outdoor retail generally is a pretty good experience and a lot of fun.

Also before I go check out Zinelibrary.info they have tons of useful resources for D.I.Y. stuff and I think even a zine on bike touring.