View Single Post
Old 04-11-14, 08:28 AM
Inquisitor.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by carpediemracing
I can't see how that type of contact would result in a crash on the camera bike's part unless the bars got hooked. If it was just contact then if anyone I'd expect the outside rider to fall (who seemed to hit with the hand/bars). If it were hooked bars then both riders would crash, at least if I was one of them I'd be hitting the deck.

Also how was the bike totaled? Was the frame broken? If it were just the wheel/s or levers or something then I'd consider it not totaled. Frame would be a pain, levers would be the next level of pain since there's so much related to it (cables and such). Cranks Everything else would be pretty straightforward to replace (derailleur, hanger, etc). The bike landed on the non-drive side, it doesn't appear that anyone fell on top, so I don't see how the bike would get totaled. I'm not saying it didn't get totaled, I'm just wondering how it got totaled.

To be fair the guy to the outside didn't need to be so close, but based on what was going on it seemed like he was only marginally off a line that would have avoided all the drama.
The front camera swung forward from the sudden deceleration, but didn't impact anything. I'll put the crank, chainrings, and power meter on a new bike, but the components are old DA 7800, and not really worth moving to a new bike. I'm not sure about the wheels, but at least I bought the Mavic insurance for them.

Originally Posted by HOWSER
Same here. What's wrong with the bike?

I got run over and the frame is trashed.

Originally Posted by shovelhd
You could have benefitted from some bumping drills. If your elbows were out, were your arms tense? If so, that's why you went down. Bumping is part of racing.

I've actually become very comfortable bumping and making contact, however, he hit my handlebars with enough force that I immediately went down.

Originally Posted by cannondale125
As I watch the video a few more times, the other rider is past him when it looks like you clip his back wheel with your front and that's why you went down. Just what I see in video.

Although the camera makes it appear that I clipped a rider's back wheel, there was at least 6-8 inches of clearance.