Old 04-11-14, 10:22 AM
tarwheel 

Bikes: Waterford RST-22, Bob Jackson World Tour, Ritchey Breakaway Cross, Soma Saga, De Bernardi SL, Specialized Sequoia

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Looks like a nice light. How does the rated power (50 lux) compare to other LED lights that are rated in lumens? I don't know why B&M doesn't just rate their lights in lumens like most light manufacturers.

I am intrigued by the shaped beam after being disappointed by my latest LED light purchase. My Light & Motion TAZ 1000 is rated at 1000 lumens, which I don't doubt, but much of the available light is wasted due to its overly broad, "floody" beam. My L&M Urban 500 has half the lumens but appears just as bright because it has a more focused beam.

For those who don't like AA batteries, Peter White sells an Ixon Core model with a rechargeable Li battery that can be charged with a standard USB cable.

I won't get into the battery vs dynamo debate, but let's just say that their are pros and cons to either method and individual needs will determine which system i s better for you.