Little Darwin
The Improbable Bulk

Bikes: Many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by isailhobies
Found a friend that rides here as well... had an idea the other night. We are both going to pick three clubs... only three clubs put em on our back and ride out (8.2 miles one way) to a little golf course here and walk it playing with only three clubs ( have a rucksack that should allow me to put em on my back) and then ride back. Hope to be able to make it in a month. Thats the next BIG goal for me.
I don't golf, but I immediately thought that this would be a job for PVC tubing, if you plan to do it frequently... I did a quick search, and didn't find any plans or instructions for golf club holders on a bike, but did see at least one that allows a rider to carry a couple of fishing poles... seems like similar design considerations apply. Either 3 small diameter tubes, or one huge one.

PVC tubing probable came to mind because I recently ran across something in my basement, a contraption made of PVC tubing that had some sort of quick release mount on it that looks like it should have been on a handlebar. I have no recollection of making it, and can't figure out what I made it for, but it has my mind racing.

People do not seem to realize that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson