Old 10-09-05, 06:51 PM
Roody
Sophomoric Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 711 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by chipcom
I will invoke the 10 percent rule...which will really tick off some of the VC and other advocacy snobs I have run across in here. Basically no matter what you do, what laws you pass, what educational programs you offer, etc. etc. etc. - 10% of the people won't get with the program. Substitute your own percentage as you see fit, 10% comes from my years in the Marines, where I was first introduced to the concept and saw it played out over and over again.

Does that mean we don't try to improve things? Of course not. It just means that we are realists and we know that the ultimate responsibility for looking out for our own safety rests with us, not the other folks. Expect the worst, hope for the best and rely on your own skills, experience and awareness of your surroundings to proactively avoid situations that will put you at risk, and react to those 'perfect storms' that you cannot prevent. I like to call it planning for Murphy's law.

Now let's sit back and wait for the usual suspects to whine, nitpick and be their normal anal selves