View Single Post
Old 04-13-14, 09:34 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5756 Post(s)
Liked 2,524 Times in 1,395 Posts
Originally Posted by Rubato
Well, it's like this.... i live on a sailboat and usually keep the bike on deck, port side. ......
And yet another side note, about 3-4 days prior to baptizing the bike, I had applied Chain-L. After working on the bike today, I can say that not only does it work well through Seattle winters, it works well at a nice depth for anchoring in Puget Sound.
Great story, I'm glad I asked, and now really feel bad that I can't help with the light, except to say flush/soak with fresh water (do not allow any power while wet) then flush with something like WD-40 or LPS-1 to float away the last of the water. Shake out and dry completely before testing.

The navy has tons of stories about saving the avionics off planes that went into the drink using fresh water flushes and products like LPS-1, so there's still hope.

Sorry to hear about the near drowning (of the bike). Great job with the rescue and resuscitation. Snagging a bike at 34' working blind takes luck or talent, or both.

Can I use the story on the Chain-L testimonial page?

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.

Last edited by FBinNY; 04-13-14 at 09:40 PM.