View Single Post
Old 04-15-14, 04:49 AM
Thulsadoom

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac Expert, 2002 TREK 520, Schwinn Mesa WINTER BIKE, Huffy Rock Creek 29er, 1970s-era Ross ten speed. All my bikes are highly modified(except the Tarmac) yet functional, and generally look beat to ****. .

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 88 Times in 51 Posts
You could spend several weeks in the Adirondacks alone, it's a huge park. The park never gets even remotely as crowded as, say, Yellowstone. And the shoulders are generally huge. Lake Placid and Saranac are fun towns. There are a lot of beautiful campgrounds right on the lakes if you like to camp. I would also recommend a little time up into the Thousand Islands area of the St. Lawrence river. Possibly Alexandria Bay, Clayton, Cape Vincent. There is a ferry to Wolfe Island (Canada) from Cape Vincent that makes a great day trip. Again, if you like to camp, there are great campgrounds all along the river. If you don't camp there are many B&Bs everywhere in northern NY. Obviously, there are a lot of hills in the mountains, and be prepared for a lot of hills in the finger lakes region if you get over there. Lots of wineries in the finger lakes region if you're into that. Someone mentioned the ferry from Burlington VT. to NY across the lake, and I recommend that as well. The Erie Canal path is popular. I could go on and on, but I'm from Upstate NY so I'm biased.