Old 04-16-14, 08:53 PM
nyrikki
Perm Newbie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BB7 ejecting brake pads

My winter commuter bike (Barron Outsider) has decided that enjoys ejecting the piston side pad on my front caliper.

The first time it happened I assumed it was a fluke but it keeps doing it.

Being a year round commuter the bike is pretty dirty and I am afraid that that if I clean it too much my all weather commuter creds will be negatively affected. So I was hoping that you smart people may tell me where the typical wear points are. I can't find anything in the diagrams online that looks out of place and I know the pads were fully seated yesterday. Is it new caliper time or do I just need to spend tomorrow finding a LBS which has the non-screeching organic pads in stock.

Thank you for helping me avoid cleaning my bike and keeping that smug edge over the fair weather riders.

Edit to add that the pad retainer clip was new and in the correct position, the seemed to be held in. I assume the caliper is dead but I could be doing something very wrong that has just "worked" for years.

Last edited by nyrikki; 04-16-14 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Add more info and emoticate snark.