Old 04-17-14, 01:26 PM
merlinextraligh
pan y agua

Bikes: Willier Zero 7; Merlin Extralight; Calfee Dragonfly tandem, Calfee Adventure tandem; Cervelo P2; Motebecane Ti Fly 29er; Motebecanne Phantom Cross; Schwinn Paramount Track bike

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
Liked 692 Times in 351 Posts
Originally Posted by carpediemracing
. Outside rider is also on the hoods, which may be part of the reason why he's not comfortable cornering hard. Without as much weight up front the front end feels skittish so riders tend to get scared. That means pulling back away from the front end (making the problem worse) as well as leaning the body more instead of leaning the bike more.

Oloveg, you're not on your, may be a bit more vulnerable. For me I'm way more vulnerable if I'm on my hoods and I'm shorter (so hoods are better for planned contact). Taller people will be more vulnerable when on the hoods because the drops are exposed to a hit from a shorter rider, or one to the outside when leaned over in a turn. Shorter people like me tend to need to be on the hoods for bump drills etc.

Looked at the video again, and in the entire clip only one rider is in the drops.
OR YOU COULD STAY HOME AND FALL OFF THE COUCH AND DIE.