triggahiccups
Hump

Bikes: Gios Compact System, De Rosa SLX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Gios Compact System Build

Hello friends, I am new to the CV section and am also new to building bicycles as this is my first attempt. I acquired this frame about a year ago and just haven't had the funds to put into it until now (I finally have a salary). I have found little to no information about the frame on the web but I have heard great things about Gios overall so I am very excited. The person I bought it from thinks it is from the late 1980's. It would be amazing if any experts out there could tell me a thing or two about it. Anyways I've finally started to order parts and gear up for the build and I have so many questions that my road bike book cannot answer. I'll start with photos

Close ups:

There is but 1 blemish on the frame. A ding in the top tup right below Alfredo's signature. This photo makes it look a lot worse than it is because I scraped off some of the paint fearing the frame was cracked, but it turned out to just be a bubble in the paint where the ding was...

I am building it up with modern components (Campy Athena 11 Speed) and am currently spending way too much time on Ebay looking at parts. I will keep you guys updated as I go of course.

Thanks for looking!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
badge_6539.jpg (100.7 KB, 60 views)
bb_6553.jpg (95.8 KB, 57 views)
dropout_6552.jpg (104.5 KB, 66 views)
fork_6533.jpg (101.5 KB, 62 views)
handlebars_6536.jpg (69.3 KB, 57 views)
headset_6544.jpg (103.2 KB, 58 views)
madeinitaly_6529.jpg (95.7 KB, 59 views)
toptubeseatpost_6547.jpg (102.5 KB, 68 views)

Last edited by triggahiccups; 04-21-14 at 02:49 PM.