View Single Post
Old 04-19-14, 12:07 PM
Curbendo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gif4445
I plan to attempt my first double century this summer. I intend to use the mapmyride app on my Iphone. My phone has a mophi, which is supposed to double the battery life. I will still be close I think, as it will probably take a good 16 hours. I was looking for another possible source, but just found out today that my son is ditching his mophi, b/c it was too bulky for his pocket. So with an extra mophi, should be covered.
I ended up doing something similar. I got a Mophie Powerstation Mini and a 1 ft cord with a left angle micro usb plug, and it fit very neatly with my Android in my top tube bag. Its 2500mAh is good for almost exactly one full charge, and it charges reasonably quickly. To play it safe, I turned off the wifi and mobile data to conserve juice, but the Strava app just needs the GPS active to gather data. I think I plugged it in around the ten hour mark when I had about 15% of my original charge left, then unplugged it an hour or two later when the Mophie had fully discharged. Overall, it was probably seventeen hours between wall outlets, and I think I still had like 40% remaining.