View Single Post
Old 04-21-14, 05:28 PM
Moyene Corniche

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by carnivroar
This is absolutely not true at all. It amazes me that in this day and age, people still believe that cholesterol and saturated fat are unhealthy. Quite the opposite, they are essential nutrients for good health.

Cholesterol serves as a "bandaid" for your arteries when you have inflammation (which is caused by sugar, excessive carbs, and oxidized PUFAs, among other things). Your body manufactures most of this cholesterol, anyway, so those coming from dietary sources have little impact on it. Therefore the logical thing to do is to eliminate the inflammatory foods (and no, saturated fats are not inflammatory).

Here's a guide, The Definitive Guide to Cholesterol | Mark's Daily Apple.

And you don't even need glycogen for cycling (which is for the most part aerobic), so you can do fine, if not better, on low-carb high-fat, if you are well adapted (which anyone can be).
OK .... You've convinced me that whenever you read a post, you interpret it as what you want to hear, not what is written...
I didn't get into the positive versus negative cholesterol debate.. I did however say that eating bacon everyday is not an optimal part of nutrition.... As for that link you posted... Quite amusing, i'll be sure to include it in my next team meeting.... Where you gained your info on cholesterol, it's slightly incorrect and if you believe that ingesting large amounts of cholesterol is without cause and effect than OK...
Inflammatory Foods ... ??? WUT ??? Where do you get this... ?

Glicogen..?? Tomorrow run your car's gas tank dry and see how that works within the internal combustion mode...
Glicogen is what muscles use for fuel, ( basically it is sugar for the sake of argument ) without it or for that matter the result of the process which breaks down proteins and carbohydrates and converts them to glycogen then thru an Aerobic process converts glycogen into fuel for muscles.... ( Simple very pedestrian explanation but that will suffice for this discussion... ) our bodies wouldn't move, our brains wouldn't function and we'd sooner or later resemble a long forgotten petrie dish experiment...

i would suggest that you research what nationally ranked cyclists ( or endurance athletes, the one's who are planning on competing at a world class level ) are fueling themselves with, what they do avoid, what they may on occasion and in moderation consume... You should find a nutritional plan based on optimizing glycogen utilization... While you are at it research Aerobic versus Anaerobic and what that means in terms of performance....

Sorry but most of the so called " Wonder Diet " the " Get Fit " and the " Reach Your optimal Performance Levels " plans marketed on the webs and in the publications are for the most part nonsense, albeit very lucrative business models ( if somewhat unethical ) aimed at a voluminous ( no puns intended ) sedentary population that thinks they can become world class athlete's in 6 months or less..... I WISH !!! Good Nutrition is fairly simple and fairly complex, contradictory it is but I have yet to race against a Pro 1-2 who ingested Bacon every morning, or who supplied his organism with a low carb / high fat nutritional program... That so called well adapted semi-athlete is the 1st one off the back as soon as the tempo increases... That is if that person can even exit the staging area Porta Johns...

Thank You for the link.....

Last edited by Moyene Corniche; 04-21-14 at 05:32 PM.