Old 04-22-14, 07:21 AM
Bacciagalupe
Professional Fuss-Budget

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by raqball
I don't use live feed but everyone I've spoken to says it's broken and does not work. Weather is broken and does not work. The training partner feature is half baked like Darth Steele mentions above.
The "Virtual Racer" is what you're looking for. You can use your past efforts or a downloaded activity, so it won't use an overall average course speed as its guide.

So. That's 1 feature that works fine, 1 superfluous feature that you don't use, and 1 feature that does seem to work.

Yup, definitely "broken." Much in the same way that putting out a firmware update 2 months ago is an indication that Garmin has "abandoned" the product.

The 810 is a disaster! I guess in all fairness, speed and distance work just fine... LOL
Speed, distance, courses, re-routing, tracking, ANT+, HR, power, bike profiles, custom screens, etc etc all seem to work just fine.

I'm sure that like every other Garmin product, it will take them forever to get everything really solid. But I have no qualms in saying that the 810 is fully functional.

As to the 1000, I would agree that it's a bit over the top. I'd assume it's not really designed to sell a lot; more likely is it's part of a pricing strategy. By offering a moonshot item at an insane price, the other models seem more reasonable in comparison (and yes, this is well-known behavior).