Null66

Bikes: Built up DT, 2007 Fuji tourer (donor bike, RIP), 1995 1220 Trek

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by abstruse
thanks for all the positive comments!

I've been lurking around here for years and reading and enjoying all your guys successes. It has been a real motivator for me.
Seeying people who have the"same "problems" as me overcoming them and turning their lives around.

Well being scared ****less is a good motivation for starters. ;-)

end of semptember both of my legs started swelling like crazy, at one point it felt like they where bursting out of their skin, it looked horrible.
Started getting woosy and had difficulty breathing. So i rushed to the er and was put through an array of test.
Cardiography, echo's, scans etc.
I was laying there on the table with all these machines hooked up to me and that was kind of a wake up call!
They where suspecting that i had a hearth embolie and trombose in my legs.

They wanted to give me medicine to counteract it but upon hearing my weight they didn't know what kind of dosage they had/should give me. It took the docters and professors all but 3 hours to figure out the right dosage.
That where some really scary hours.
When the dust settled a day later everything was actually fine and it was a combination of false alarms that let to the earlier diagnose.
So they send me home.

When i got home i made an appointment with my doctor and made the deal with him that i would tried losing weight and come in every other week for a weight-in, vitals check-up and some motivational talk.

I switched my diet radically: Low carbs, low fat, high proteine. 6 meals a day. Everything homemade. No alchohol or snacks. Consuming about 1800 kcal aday.
Started riding the stationay bike every other day before breakfast and slowly building op to longer, faster, harder.
Also started lifting free weights 3 times a week.
After awhile i starting commuting to work first one day a week and now i do 4 times a week. It's an 18 mile round trip.
Also started doing longers rides in the weekends.
I also added badminton (once a week) and boxing(once a week) to my fitness regiment.
So i work out alost every day.

Sometimes i let myself go. Enjoy a bag of chips or fries and a hamburger. I don't want to live like a monk. So i still enjoying life, just a bit more in moderation :-)
great new lifestyle!