View Single Post
Old 04-27-14, 10:44 PM
TheTeaHermit

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey there everyone!

I thought I would post here and say hello to my fellow forum users. I guess I am what you guys would call a Clydesdale (coincidentally my favorite kind of horse, perhaps it was destined by the stars). I am 23 years old, 210lbs, and 6'5" or so. I pack on quite the bit of extra weight in my mid-section due to what is known as Klienfelter Syndrome. It also causes other issues related to my body not really producing testosterone like it is supposed to (reduced energy, inability to build muscle efficiently, etc..) I am trying to deal with it as much as I can without having to resort to testosterone shots (They're ridiculously expensive, and I can't really afford that on a college budget)

I got into bicycling because before heading off to college I lived out in the country and thought that on a bicycle would be a great way to see my surroundings. My 5 mile rides quickly evolved into 50+ mile rides. When I moved off to college, where I am now, I really got into cycling. I average about 300 miles per week or so, and I have managed to lose about 50 lbs. At the beginning of last summer I probably weighed about 250, and by the end of the season I was hovering at about 200. Over the winter I've seemed to have gained back a pesky 10 lbs. It is my goal this year to get down to about 180.

Um, well I hope to see you guys around and about.

Oh, and if anyone is in the Bloomington/Normal, Illinois region, I'd love to go out for a ride sometime. I always ride by myself because I am kind of scared to ride with a group, so it would be killer to find someone else to ride with.