Old 04-29-14, 05:42 PM
ocelotito

Bikes: Specialized Myka sport, Trek Shift 3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you FLJeepGuy for the information. It's not like I am terrified of riding and stop usually with no problems as long as it is not sudden. I'd feel safer if I could put my foot on the ground, even if it's just the ball. There is a bike from Trek that looks very similar (Trek shift). I will check out both.

Diana

Originally Posted by FLJeepGuy
My wife has the Specialized Expedition Low Entry and loves it. She tried numerous bikes from several of the major manufacturers and kept coming back to this one. My wife had the same issues as you with wanting to have stability at very low speeds and while stopped, and she's very comfortable on this bike.

The following is from the Specialized "Tech and Design" tab for the bike in question:

GROUND CONTROL GEOMETRY PLUS LOW-ENTRY MODEL
WHAT Comfortable frame geometry that allows riders to touch their forefoot to the ground when stopped. Low-entry model available.
WHY Provides maximum comfort with minimal back and neck strain, and gives the rider more confidence due to easy access to the ground.
HOW Longer chainstays and a slacker seat tube angle bring the saddle lower to the ground without shortening leg reach, so pedaling remains efficient. Low-entry model features swooping design and is the most accessible in our line, ensuring maximum confidence and stability plus easiest mount/dismount.

Note the use of the word "forefoot". With the seat adjusted properly, you can get the balls of your feet on the ground while seated on the saddle. Of course, with the low-entry frame, you can also slide forward off the seat without fear of coming down on a bar.