View Single Post
Old 04-30-14, 03:57 PM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5767 Post(s)
Liked 2,541 Times in 1,407 Posts
Originally Posted by kickstart
I fail to see how receiving numerous complaints and citations is an indicator of safe lawful road use. There are many different folks here who use many different riding techniques, we may disagree on principal, but how many of us have received numerous complaints and citations doing what we do?

Equal rights and responsibilities, sounds like she is ignoring the latter.
Or it could be that she's doing the best she can on a busy road, and drivers who object to whatever delay she's creating keep complaining and the cops do what they can.

She does have the right to ride in a lane on that road. The issue before the court is whether the impact of her exercise of that right is enough to warrant restricting it. The other issue is whether the citations issued represent legitimate reckless driving or harassment with the intent of making her go away.

If the prosecutor is to be believed that it's about her own safety, who determines whether alternatives are in fact safer, and what would be reasonable in terms of inconvenience?

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.