Old 04-30-14, 10:47 PM
mattm
**** that

Mentioned: 151 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1099 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by ovoleg
I've been seriously lagging it for the past few years on updating the simulation I was working on. I promised a few people that I was going to get it going by the end of the year and I'm on track! It simulates a Formula style race-car that is ran at 4 different events(autocross, endurance(same as autocross except longer), straight line accel, and a skidpad(huge figure 8)). I originally slapped the site together using basic html and wrote the whole simulation in javascript(don't ask me why, lol). There are a few quarqs( ) to work out with the simulation and use a more realistic tire model. The model I'm using now is sort of basic(8th order polynomial that is autocalculated based on raw tire data), but I want to move to a more realistic model(Pacejka). If you're bored and want to check it out its:
FSAE Lap Sim

The whole site is meh so I'm redoing it with MVC4, re-programming the simulation file to C# and have it run on the server instead of the client, working on a iOS counterpart and maybe if I get adventurous enough do an Android version too.

Soooo so far I've been learning MVC, which wasn't too hard considering I know quite a bit of WebForms. Brushing up on my C#. I also wasn't familiar with SQL before and in this past week I've got a pretty decent handle on it(granted I'm still pretty noob but now I can write some decent SQL script as opposed to basic select, delete, create, update).

It's pretty fun so far
Cool man, site looks pretty slick to me!

Even if I have no idea what one does with tire simulations, keep it up!!

my race videos